Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fix Her Up...

Maybe one day soon I will add an actual beauty salon/spa or something to Dolls and the City but for right now, I'm the head stylist around this camp. ;)

Yesterday, I decided to restyle some of my ladies with another boil wash.  I wanted to relax some of the crazy bends in their hair from Mattel's big idea of styling and actually create a style for one of my favs.

Here you see Taja Reyes-Baldwin sporting a new crimpy/waive "permed" creation.  I used the pipe cleaner method along with some of my hair wrap setting lotion.  It's been coming in handy lately, since I no longer use it because I'm 9months into weening my own hair from creamy crack (relaxers).








Here you see Danika "Nik" Parks-Kane who received another boil wash.  This was the chick with the crazy bend in her hair.  So, nothing special but what the hay...I snapped it so I'm loading it. ;)




And last but not least...Sidney Dupart.  Again, nothing real special but she was beginning to look a little like Sideshow Bob! So, it was another boil wash n' go and I added the setting lotion which helped the frizz.



That's all for now.  The Word Shop will be throwing a small family event this weekend, so stay tuned for that. Unfortunately, I spent way more than I wanted to on a couple of new characters so I never got around to getting walls but I will improvise. ;)

Thanks for following!

9 comments:

  1. The girls look fabulous! Especially Taja. Glamour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dani! This style just bumped Taja up like two more notches in the race for my favorite girl. Broolyn's still #1 though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really do look beautiful!! :D I know what you mean about Sidney's hair. I'm hoping to have her re-rooted within the next couple of weeks. Too bad those gorgeous curls couldn't stay. The boil perm is GORGEOUS, how do you do that effectively?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cat! I can't wait to see your Kenzie re-root. Her curls are really cute but they didn't use quality material so it's like bad cotton or something, LOL. I got a pack of pipe cleaners from Walmart, cut them in half and bent them in half. Then I wet some end papers (the kind used when doing a roller set) and wrapped the pipe cleaners with the end papers. Then I zig-zagged the hair in between the pipe cleaners and dipped finished look into water. I put drops of the setting lotion in after I dipped her so that it would set. It took a day to dry but it's pretty easy to set. You could use straws but I like the pipe cleaners because you can bend and manipulate the curl pattern better. Just don't forget to use end papers because the hair will get caught and it's hard to loosen from the pipe cleaner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely blog her new look when I get her all finished up. And THANK YOU for the awesome tips for doing the boil perm! :) Do you think the pipe cleaner method with the end papers would work to curl a short hair cut under evenly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Taja is looking fierce! What does her husband think of the new do? Hair is one of my least favorite things to do. I would rather send them to you or Chynadoll for new dos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Vanessa - Thanks! Your girls are welcomed at Salon Trace' lol. My girls are requesting a piece of that wedding cake from Danielle & Rod's wedding. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Love the new do's they look great. Hair styling is my favorite part to do (besides the repaint) When repainting, I always go according to how the face looks. That decides what hair style they will get. My girls just love going to the salon (maybe not the flocked ones LOL) snatching out the hair from the roots and all just sounds painful LOL.
    Great job, Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Taja's hair! Pipe cleaners are the bomb! I used pipe cleaners to do commissions for dolls with afros.

    ReplyDelete