Thursday, October 6, 2011

Joyce Banks...

These are the parents of Brooklyn & Asia Banks:


James & Joyce Banks
James is the type of father who spoils his children.  Both Brooklyn & Asia are "daddy's girls."  He invested in The Word Shop and bought Asia her very own condo (If you remember, Brook & Asia shared an apartment but since Brook & Jody are set to get married in six months, Asia needed her own place).  Joyce is a successful Real Estate Agent and owns a small pastry & deli shop in downtown Los Angeles.  Her favorite hobby is baking, so she plans to resign from the real estate business to focus on the deli.  


I decided Corbin (seen on the far right of below photo) worked out best as the younger brother of Brook & Asia.  The couple I placed him with as a teenage son may not be staying together.  I'm just not bonding with my Tatum so she's probably going to be a friend you see every now and then.


Brooklyn, James, Joyce, Asia and Corbin




Stay tuned for a small but festive event planned at The Word Shop...

10 comments:

  1. Great family! Love the glasses on Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the new family! Billy Dee always makes me happy. Do you realize that just about every post involves a break up of some sort. Have you considered sending your dolls to counseling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Vanessa - ROFL...the mother I used as Brook & Aja's mother was really kind of temporary. She was a dime store doll and I've been eyeballing this doll "Joyce Banks" for a while now. I finally got her under $10 and jumped at the chance. However, Jody & Brook will stay together I really love them as a couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, I wasn't even referring to her. I was referring to Corbin's old parents. I'm no doctor, but I do see a pattern here. I'm calling Dr. Phil on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Vanessa - Please call Dr. Phil, I need an intervention! LOL...I don't know what happened. I was completely content with who/what I had and then all of a sudden, several dolls from my list were available at great prices or I won a really low bid. It's that doggone eBay! Now, I've got to figure out a way to fit them all in a story. One way would be to make The Word Shop the happening spot because I just don't have the space for everyone's homes to be seen. I really need to take note of how you're able to feature your families and singles.:) I'll figure something out though, or it will be The X-Factor around here and dolls will start getting eliminated. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @Vanessa's comments. Call in the counselor! Love the Joyce doll, I have her x2. I redressed on in a leather harley outfit, repainted her as a commission for a woman on my job who rides harley bikes( she has the tattoos all over her arms of harley bikes as well LOL). I left the other one dressed as is. Love the short hair and glasses on her. Nice looking family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I do the same thing with my dolls. As much as I want family units to work, sometimes they just don't gel. Corbin looks like he fits right in with all that big beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Chynadoll - I'd love to see your repaint of her. You should post photos, if you have any. :) Hopefully, one day in the near future, one of my older dolls can come to your salon for a flocking appt. I need an OOAK.

    @ Dani - Thank you! I know, sometimes you have something in your head and then you get a new addition and it works better. I'm diggin' Corbin wih this family too. I'm all about big hair and fro's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good looking family. Please send Dr Phil my way when you are done. Lol!

    ReplyDelete