Sunday, October 16, 2011

My First Video...


First of all...my hat goes off to Vanessa - Ms. Leo -  Cat and Dollies Series for the making of their video stories.  Whew,  It's a lot of work loading this stuff!  It's not all bad but for me it was extra difficult because I need a new mouse.  It's literally being held together by duct tape, LOL. Unfortunately, with my mouse the way it is, it made it really hard to manipulate the timing of speech bubbles.  What should have only taken maybe an hour to do, took me like six hours.  You will notice one of the speech bubbles is pointing the wrong way and I didn't cut one off before the credits at the end but I'm just too lazy to fix it. ;)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my very first video story.  It's a little dull because right now, I'm not so focused on the story telling lately (if you can tell) as I am camera angles, lighting, dioramas set up, still trying to figure out main characters other than Brooklyn and now...videos. :)  I don't know if I will make a video each and every time...I think Vanessa has the right idea with short photo stories here and there for a little updating on characters and such so I will try to keep a nice balance.  I see the simplicity of videos for the followers.  It's nice to let the video scroll through the photos for you and easier to follow who said what as far as dialogue.

Oh, I also opened a separate youtube account strictly for these videos.  The youtubers I currently follow, I don't think they're the collector type crowd so...I'm keeping it separate.  You will find my channel under PLASTIC BROOK and I've already subscribed to all of your channels.  Please feel free to leave any suggestions or tips that can be used in my next video...such as loading my OWN music not YOUTUBES. :)

Enjoy!



Thanks for following!

13 comments:

  1. I was so excited when I saw this!! :D You did it and you did awesome! I'm still trying to figure out how you mastered that with a duct taped mouse. lol I look forward to more videos in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Cat- Thanks so much Cat! You guys have been putting in work on these video stories, wow. It's tough but the finished product is worth it.

    I have no idea how this mouse is hangin' in there with duct tape, lol. I plan to purchase another one next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great job! I have to get caught up! I’ve been so busy at work this last 10 days that I haven’t been able to do much posting or reading. Welcome to the world of video! The hardest 3 minutes of your dolly life. Yeah, you don’t realize how much work it is until you do one! Sit back and enjoy your work! I don’t think I can do more than one a month. I have mad props for those who do their own voices too! For me it is the voice bubble. Getting the timing right on it so that it can be read. There is a certain amount of seconds it should say up for people to read. I don’t know how to do it in anything but YouTube. Maybe if I did it would be a little easier! You seem to do well at it. I got this message on my last video from Sony about the use of their music. I don’t know how I going to handle that. I think we all see our own mistakes more than others see them, so don’t stress on that. Can wait to see your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job! You are going to put us all to shame. I love the music. I think it was perfect. Great shots and great job at capturing the emotions! You are a pro at it already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ LimbeDolls- Thanks so much! I hope to do much better on the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ms Leo- Thank you so much! You're so right, that was the longest 3mins so far in all my years, LOL. I feel like calling friends & family members and telling them..."Ya'll better watch this video and vote! Took me 6hrs to get 3min worth!" :)

    I think I prefer the voice bubble too. It keeps me making shorter comments because Lord knows, I can talk! That doggone timing setting on youtube is no joke. I do think I'll do better when I get a new mouse next week but we'll see. I think a video a month will be all I can do too. I'm thinking I can do photo stories at least once a week. That way, when I do a video...hopefully I can make it good. Thanks for the tip on the music. That's terrible Sony is contacting you...there's gotta be a way to use other music. I think it has to be purchased and then you can load it. Well, I'm looking forward to more of Etienne & Renee...so hopefully you'll get a chance for another video next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Vanessa - OMG...Thanks so much!! I'm gonna have to push myself to do more because I really like being in the audience and watching your videos along with the other folks. But I tell ya'...my appreciation for what you guys do it big! So, I think it's a great exchange for you guys to be able to sit back for a change and watch a video. :)

    Ok, now I'm going to go catch up on blog postings. I think you have two videos I've been dying to see. I'll be commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a better job than me, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ EbonyNicole30 - Thank you! I love your videos! Your lighting and camera angles are really cool...and your collection? Forger about it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! Stop playing. This can not be your first video. Lol! I loved it! I agree with Vanessa, you captured their emotions so well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete