Friday, November 18, 2011

My Stardoll came home with me today - Meet Piper Phillips

I just had to bring her home after viewing more photos of her on Flickr on a Fashionistas Nikki body.  I already had an extra Fashionistas Artsy/Nikki body in a box at home so I was stoked!  She's really pretty!!

Piper, without a doubt resembles Solange & Beyonce Knowles.  She has such a "real person" look to her that some of the typical Barbie's don't have.  I will own at least two more Stardolls, the next one to purchase will be the blonde with the side ponytail.  I know I have one awesome blonde (Danika) but after viewing her again today at TRU...I have to make an exception.   I've already named her, Summer...don't know the last name yet but Summer fits her.  The next one (or two) will be Fallen Angel #1.  I think she's gorgeous and since I missed out on Spooky Sooki when she was a decent price, I think she's the next best thing.  After that, I'm on the fence about two others...but one of them has a smiley face...I really don't care for the smiley face dolls.

So, for now...I'm keeping Piper single because I think she'd be great with the AA BB Jeans Model guy but I'm on the fence with him because of his lack of articulation.   My other option is to put her with the AA Triad Action figure that's on my list of next guys to buy.  However, he might look a lil' mean for her...not sure yet.  Anyway, I'm still working out the details of her occupation, etc. but I have worked out her friends and I think I'm pretty happy with her "parents."  By the way, all of my main characters will have parents in their lives at some point and I'd like them to be connected to each other.  This weekend, you can look for a post from me with updated profiles and the next installment of the last photo story.  Pictures were taken weeks ago but it's been crazy around her so I haven't had the time to load them.

Here are the photos:

 Piper Phillips on a Fashionistas Artsy/Nikki body

Father: Miles Phillips - Mother:  Lea Phillips - Pipers mother is bi-racial, she is Hawaiian and Black and is Joyce Banks younger sister.  This makes Brooklyn and Deja Piper's cousins. 

Reese Miller and Echo Parks are Pipers best friends.  Reese is the "trouble" of the group but these girls have been inseparable friends since elementary school. 

Cree Larson pictured on the far right.  Piper considers Cree a best friend also.  The two met in art school three years ago and have a lot in common. 

Piper just moved back to Los Angeles eight months ago after traveling through Sierra Leon for one year.  Seven and Darren are dying to know who this beautiful girl is. 

Kayla Daniels is the younger sister of Lea Phillips, Piper's mother.  She's a young Aunt to Piper...so she sometimes hangs out with Piper and her girls.  


Piper with cousin Brook. 


Piper pictured with cousin Brooks best friend, Marley Jones. This is just a random shot so you can see how this girl can hold her own against any FR/Integrity girl (again, my opinion).


Taja Baldwin pictured with Piper Phillips as a comparison. 

So, that's it for now folks.  Please excuse my constant yammering, sometimes I get carried away with blogging especially when there's a new doll involved.  I hope I've given helpful information here for those who are considering purchasing this doll.  If not, please feel free to ask me questions. :)  Oh, the feet on the original body are a lot larger than Barbie, so the shoes don't fit.  Also, the muse type body the doll comes with, the legs do not move at all, so the doll can't even sit down (if you decide to keep her on that body).   

Thanks for following!

18 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous! I was tempted to get this beauty myself but i passed on her! I am going up to my local TRU today because they got more of these dolls in and i want the side pony tail girl too! WooHoo for Mattel that they got these girls to have such personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous! I think I need/want/gotta have her -- frozen body and all. I'll have to do what you did and give her a Fashionista body. Do you see a slight Kim Kardashian resemblance?

    I don't need to be enabled this early on a Saturday morning. But thanks for getting my adrenaline pumping! Now I guess I'll call my daughter to see if she has plans to go to TRU today and let her get her for me or at least a raincheck!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already had a friend pick her up for me. I have a body waiting on her. I'm so glad I seem to have a body stockpile going on.

    Her profile is coming along nicely and she fits right in. Love the comparisons

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous and I can understand your excitement. She does resemble Solange very much. I am going to another TRU when I to to club meeting today. Hopefuly they will ave them. Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Saturday everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful and the realism to me is all in the eyes. I do see a sliigght Kim Kardashian resemblance, but I see Solange Knowles more. She will definitely fit in nicely with your dolls. She does out shine most of your dolls, although Colette still stood out for me. I am excited that you guys are excited. I haven't seen Debbie that excited over a doll in a while. And I am excited that I will be able to see her in all of your blogs. Still, nothing for me. Very strange. I think it's the lips and the smile. Can't explain it, but I will at least buy the accessory packs. Oh yeah, and possibly the red head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. Lovely doll and lovely photos of her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see good pictures of this doll. I was hoping for some. I agree with everyone else, I'll have to get her too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ William - I totally agree, Mattel did a great job creating such a fresh, friendly and gorgeous face. Like you said, now they just need to create a male or two with this line and we'll be in dolly heaven. :) I can't wait to get the blonde side ponytail girl, she's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Black Doll Enthusiast - LOL...Sorry for the enabling, I know just how you feel. I do see a little Kim K. in her features and you know what? I'm also seeing LaLa...NBA player Carmelo Anthony's wife. Here's a link if you're not familiar with her face:

    https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUONeaRod9TjEZwzhWE3ZnR74cVvTep9kVgtsa1Qkd8t4gm9r2ww

    Can't wait for you to get a hold of her too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Dollz4Moi - That's awesome you're getting her, I don't think you'll be disappointed. That's smart to keep a body stock pile going. I think when I get myself under control (yeah, right) I'll have to start buying a few just for the bodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Georgia Girl - I'm so glad you're following me, thank you. :) Isn't she gorgeous? I hope the TRU you're going to will have them and look forward to seeing photos on your page. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Vanessa - Their eyes definitely brings the realism. You're right, Colette is a stunner! ;)

    It's funny, for me the smile is one of the things I like most because it's slight and pleasant and not the typical Barbie smile. I also like their noses and eye placement, I think that also creates the realism. Oh, but most of all I LOVE the size of their faces/heads! I'm so anti-big head and these girls are anything but water head dolls, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ D7ana - Absolutely! I'm always stoked when I can share some goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Ms Leo - I'm so glad the pictures are pretty decent. I must say, if it weren't for William's photos (which then lead me to flickr) I wouldn't have known how pretty these girls are either. I hope to see you add some to your collection and show us all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's on the way! :-))))

    One of the bloggers I follow reminds me of LaLa... I've been meaning to tell her that.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ DBG - OMG, I'm so excited...can't wait to see your photos of her! Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. GASP! She's gorgeous!!! Why are you making my buy more dolls? She has her mother's eyes. What a great addition to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Dani - Isn't she?! It's funny because when I saw a few of the Stardolls on eBay, I couldn't be less interested. I thought they looked funny and was certain they had a big head. Then William posted a photo of his and I had to know more. I'm sorry for the enabling (evil laugh) but you will not be disappointed should you decide to get her. I'm off (hopefully today) to get the blonde one with the side ponytail, she's gorgeous too. I will probably wait a month before I get Dark Angel #1 and then there's just one more and I'm done (I think). Their faces are just so alive it's hard not to want more. They're like Mattel's version of the Dynamite Girls (to me) but without the articulation. :)

    ReplyDelete