Monday, November 14, 2011

StarDoll...William's post made me do it (LOL)

So, today I took a quick tour on blogspot and saw William's post about the new Stardoll.  Now, I said before these dolls didn't interest me but I spoke too soon.  The girl William ended up purchasing, I had not seen before and she is a beauty!  That's what started it all!  I then went searching through some flickr photos because I was dying to see a better picture of the AA Stardoll...and there she was!

Immediately, I called my local TRU to see if they had them in stock...particularly the AA doll.  My local TRU is a little slow and they're not very good at stocking AA Barbies so I was quietly hoping the clerk would come back on the line and tell me No...they didn't have them.  Well, not only did they have them but they had this lovely girl in stock (click flickr link below) and she was the only one left, at least that's what the clerk said.  I decided it was a sign from above...yeah right!  I ended up driving down there and placing her on layaway, you know...as sort of a tactic to keep me from buying anything else.  It worked!  I brought in just enough cash to put her on layaway and I'm giving myself a couple weeks to bring her home.  Her name will be Piper Davis.  I'm still working out the details of who she'll be related to but I do have a (new) guy in mind for her.

You guys, this girl is gorgeous!!  She reminds me of Solange...Beyonce's sister.  I will say this, if any of you are considering purchasing a Stardoll...please try NOT to purchase online.  Why?  Well, I ventured over to take a peak at the other Stardolls and lets just say the factory isn't consistent with painting these girls.  One of them looked like she was giving me the stink eye! Each girl looked slightly different from her twin.  I also noticed another AA doll and her face paint was a little off compared to the one I purchased.  So, if you can pick one up you won't get one with a crazy face.  Oh, I placed the AA next to an Artsy and the complexion is a good match.

 Anyway, since there aren't a whole lot of photos around of this girl, below you'll find a link to a flickr account with really nice pics of her.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41591060@N04/6321719326/in/photostream/

Ok, so I'm done buying more Barbies?  Notice the question mark.  Ugh, is there a docta in da house?!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!!!Congrats on getting her! i told you she was beautiful! i plan on getting her in a few days because i have a character in mind for her as well! My toysrus has alot of these dolls which is nice. Everyone should give these beauties a chance because their awsome when you rebodie them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you were right...and I'm glad I got her. I really like the Asian mixed girl you purchased. To me, she and the AA one are the prettiest. I can't wait to see how you incorporate her in with your existing group. You have quite a collection.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it's bad when you are putting one doll on layaway. I am glad that there will be another place that I can see these dolls in action. I can't wait to see what you do to her hair. I know it will be fabulous. You are right she does look like Solange. I still don't feel the need to buy her. YEAH! I did like that Carol Ferris doll she was pictured with in one of the pictures. I am curious to see the Asian doll. There is a possibility of me buying another Asian doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's gorgeous. I read about them over on D7ana's blog Sunday and did some site seaching to see if I could see better pictures. I'll have to hold off on buying since you've suggested buying in person because of the painting flaws and since my TRU moved to another location.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Tracy, for the additional Stardoll news! I especially appreciate the warning to get the dolls in PERSON. That reminds me of the Fashion Fever hunt days. Oh and thanks for the Flickr link. CJ Starz has some lovely dolls on Flickr!

    Thanks, DBG, for the mention ;-) . I am glad to see the actual dolls and especially to see them rebodied.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Spain: I just saw your future Stardoll. It's beautiful. Such faces do not come to Spain. A shame because they are very nice and are ideal clothes. In stores now my area are fashionistas and want to be. We remain in contact blog blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to tell me that you love the kitchen with the fridge in white. The zebra vase with black and white is beautiful. I'm going to copy the idea. The red cushions with gold are precious range. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Vanessa - I know right? I knew I would be in trouble if I went into TRU with more money because it's Xmas time and they were fully stocked with the new Fashionistas and other Barbie stuff I wanted. I still have a few Xmas items I'm getting for my daughter, so the layaway allowed me to get a lil' something for me but not before I've finished shopping for her. :)

    @ DBG & D7ana - Thanks so much. I will have to go back and look at your post D7ana about Stardolls, I missed that one. Glad to be of help, I would hate to see someone order a Stardoll and not be happy with their choice because they're actually really pretty. :)

    @ Marta - Thank you! I am now following your blog as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's so cute! I need to jump on these before it becomes another Tokidoki!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uggh! I swore i was not gonna buy yet another doll this year! I just have to get two of them! I agree with Vita Plastica, I need to put a rush on purchasing them before it becomes another Tokidoki, then the price will hit the roof! They are already listed on Amazon for like $59.00 or some crazy price like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy, thanks for the info. I had plans to order online. My TRU does not have them yet.

    I thought that I was following your blog and just found out tonight that I wasn't. I saw on Frannie's blog (as I was leaving a post) that you posted something 2 days ago. I was like how did I miss her post. : o. I LOVE your blog and had been awaiting your next post... I have missed out on several posts and now I have to catch up. Lol!

    ReplyDelete