Thursday, January 19, 2012

I confess...I've been cheating on you...(Non-Doll Related)

Hi guys!

I apologize...I haven't been blogging about my collection or putting up photo stories and have missed a lot of your updates. :(   I have actually been really busy with my daughter's new ABA schedule and her school goals.  So, what little free time I muster up has been spent on youtube.  Yes, I've become a youtube junkie and it's not been doll related.  I am still planning to continue with my stories and I do have a couple new purchases to share but for just a little while longer... I'm going to continue to scratch this new itch.

I've been on a transitioning (to natural hair) journey for just about one year and have been using youtube as a tool to learn about natural hair.  I'm so excited because this is my 3rd attempt at going natural but by far the most amount of transitioning time completed.  In fact, I finally cut the last 2 inches of my relaxed ends off and I'm looking forward to my new journey of being completely natural!  My ultimate goal is healthy hair, of course but I also have a length goal...so we'll see what happens. :)  I'm so amazed at how BIG the "natural hair movement" is...and so full of supportive women, it's great!  I've come in contact with some really awesome people including, comedian/actress Kim Coles...who also vlogs about her natural hair journey.  

Another journey I'm on has to do with getting to a better me.  I've changed a lot of my eating habits and started working out (slowly) again.  I am a single mother but I'm not ready to start wearing the "soccer mom jeans" LOL.  So, I'm working on the outside as well as my inside.  I figure, I've still got a good number of years to get out and enjoy myself a little more and that's one of the things I'm working toward.  Last month marked the one year anniversary of my divorce and I have to say, I feel really good!  I am really looking forward to possibilities. ;)

Anyway, I do still peak in from time to time but hopefully before the months end, I will have sat down, caught up and commented on what I've missed from you guys. :)   Well, turning in for now...it's really late.

Good night all and Thanks for following!

17 comments:

  1. Best wishes with your natural hair journey. Yes, there is an entire culture of natural hair women on Youtube and elsewhere on the Internet. I began my journey in early 2010 after seeing my daughter go through hers a year earlier and noticing how healthier and longer her hair became in the process.

    I've only had a few perms in my life so I didn't have much damage, but I did have to cut a considerable amount of my hair to eliminate the final perm. It feels good to have what I refer to as my "God hair" back and have most of my length back as well.

    Continue to do you, Tracy.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome you completed your transition to natural hair. I wish I'd of done it long ago but I guess it's better late than never. :) I had no idea how big the whole natural hair/youtube phenomena was but I'm so glad I found it. It is definitely our "God hair" and I love the way we're redefining our beauty, not letting society or media tell us what's beautiful. :)

      Delete
  2. PS It would be cool if you could use a doll or dolls to illustrate your going natural hair journey process and share images here.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...that would be cool. I may put up pics of my hair once I get a full understanding of styles I can create. So far, twistouts are my best friend. I do however, have a "hairspiration" doll...and that's Brooklyn. I hope to have hair that long to do a braid/twist out on my hair to achieve her look. :)

      Delete
  3. Many blessings in all that you are doing. I made an attempt to go natural, but gave up after 3 months. I am thinking about doing it again.

    I do miss your stories though and look forward to your return. Take care!

    Vickey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes on all of your transformations!

      Delete
    2. Congratulations, natural girl! There's so much info out there, have fun figuring out what works for you. We'll miss you!

      Get your sexy on girl! There is so much life to live!

      Delete
    3. @ Georgie Girl - Thank you! I think one day, you'll pull it off. If it weren't for youtube I don't think I would have made it this far. Twist outs and Braid outs are great transitioning styles.

      I have been writing a lot of stories, can't seem to stop my brain from coming up with all of these stories. So, I hope to start again in February because I have a lot of material to share. :)

      Delete
    4. @ Limbe Dolls - Thank you! I'm excited about the journey. :)

      Delete
  4. I am so happy to hear of another doll friend working on something outside of the dolly verse. :) I too am working out and cleaning up my eating. After my break up last year I kind of locked myself away. It's good to take care of ourselves! I'm cheering for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Cat - Yes ma'am, LOL. It's always nice to keep busy, especially after a break up. Here's to eating healthier and a new and improve us for the New Year! :)

      Delete
  5. Hello from spain, congratulations on getting new habits that make you happier. It´s been a year of your divorce your are young and you have much time to rebuild your life again. You are on the right track. Persue your goals and achievements. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Marta! I have great friends in my community inside and out of the doll world. You guys are great and really keep a girl going. I will definitely start back up with my stories next month. I'm too excited to stay away long. :)

      Delete
  6. @ Dani - Thanks! I definitely feel like a new me, free and full of possibilities. I love your hair, by the way. I am having a blast with all of the information. It's great to know that I can purchase stuff from Sprouts/Henry's, mix it up and it work for my hair. It's like your making your own products in your own kitchen. :)

    I do plan to come back real soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you are cheating in a good way. We forgive you! I'm so excited about your excitement. Congrats on all the positive changes you are making. Your passion for hair shows in your dolls. I always love seeing what you are going to do to your new dolls' hair. God will always direct us in the way we should go. Amazingly enough, my hair has been growing like weeds. My hairdresser (I only go once every 7 weeks) and I are dumbfounded. We spent a number of years trying to get my hair healthy and growing, with very little success. My hair is the healthiest and longest it has been since I was a teenager. My hairdresser even cut it last week and it's still down my back. I haven't changed anything that I am doing, so I feel this is God's way of directing me when it comes to my cancer treatments. So continue to enjoy that journey he has put you on. You are there for a reason.

    I didn't realize you were so recently divorced. Congrats on making it through the first year. No wonder your characters were so confused in their relationships this past year. LOL! I just had an AH HA story moment. Melanie, Rod's ex-wife, will find herself in Tina's office discussing her divorce from Rod, soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    We miss you and can't wait for your return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Vanessa - That's awesome your hair is growing so fast and long. I can tell from your photos that you have beautiful thick hair. My hair has always been full but never really thick. I've noticed the older I get the more my texture changes and relaxers were just beating my poor hair down. But...it's all good because the money I save on the salon goes to my doll addiction and boy what an addiction it is, lol.

      Yes, my status has definitely played a hand in my stories. I feel like I'm reinventing myself and my poor dolls are getting caught up in the middle, LOL. One minute I think I may want to try dating again and the next, I'm enjoying my freedom. But...giving my dolls drama is a good way to keep it out of my life. :)

      I will definitely be back in February with a vengeance.

      Delete
  8. That is cheating in a good way you you know. I love you tube too, the problem is when I have down time at work I reading blogs and writing down what I want to watch later that night or over the weekend!

    Congrat on going natural. It can be a process, me and my sister were lucky enough to "train" our hair from the jump, thanks to my late grandmother. I can see you now, healthy, fit and a natural beauty--Shine on girl, SHINE ON!!

    ReplyDelete