Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Let me give you the skinny...(Long Post)

This post is to fill you in on some of the characters personalities and why some of the upcoming things will happen in Dolls and the City.  I will be making other posts soon to sort of bring you up to speed to new characters and minor changes here and there. 

First up:  Vanessa Bell, named after our friend Vanessa of Vans doll treasures.  My first plan was to bring her into the Femme Fatales group but this girl gives much "diva-tude" so, I've decided to go another route.  I realized that my doll's city, doesn't have a real diva!  C'mon...you've gotta have at least one real diva to shake things up a bit.  Originally, she was going to replace my MM #08 with the curly fro because I just wasn't bonding with her...BUT...I took some acetone and rubbed off that really red lipstick and wallah...I like her again.  Plus, I needed to rescue her from my daughter who literally dogged one of my other girls, which I will talk about here in a minute.  

So, here's the skinny...Vanessa has an identical twin sister named Valerie but personality wise, they are like night and day.  Valerie is very Earthy and not really into glam, where as Vanessa is all about glam, bling and status.  Vanessa, graduated top of her class at UCLA, has a law degree and is a professional model.  However, she can be very controlling and that's exactly what she planned to do once she became Mrs. Jody Owens...run it!  Yes, I said Mrs. Jody Owens!  Keep reading, it'll all make sense real soon. ;)  

Anyway...
Valerie, graduated from art school but has always wanted to be married, have children, run a small daycare out of her home and teach arts & crafts to pre-school age children.  Currently, Valerie and husband Tyre have a 2yr old daughter named, Tatiana Sinclair.  Valerie handles her husbands client book for Champions Gym, which he owns while he travels as the personal trainer of the NBA team, the Los Angleles Clippers. 

Now, here's the kicker...Vanessa use to be engaged to Jody Owens but they broke up when it became clear to Jody, she was only with him for the fame of being an NFL player's wife.  Six months after they parted, he met and fell in love with Brooklyn and the rest you already know.  However, there's more drama...Vanessa and Jody's mother, Beverly, are really close and continued to stay in touch.  

Moving forward...
Beverly doesn't care for Brooklyn because she doesn't think she's "polished" enough for her son and has been looking for ways to cause a break up between the two.  Brook, doesn't fit into the high society social setting that the Owen's family has been surrounded by for years.  Beverly does not care for Brook's "wild untamed hair" as she puts it...the tattoos, The Word Shop, which she considers a "seedy bar for low lives to hang out" and the fact that Brook drives a motorcycle.  She does not consider Brook to be a lady.  It's a good thing she doesn't know about the Femme Fatale's Agency, she'd really take issue with Brook as a lady investigator.  Beverly, would do anything to keep her son from marrying Brook, so as soon as she heard Vanessa had plans to move to the city, she contacted her and offered to let her stay rent free in one of many Condo's owned by Mr. and Mrs. Owens.  Vanessa, jumped at the chance and since she still has designs on Jody, she is now in cahoots with Beverly to break up the happy couple. 

So, Jody has no idea Vanessa moved back to the city and Brooklyn has no idea that Jody was once...engaged!  Let the games begin....


Vanessa Bell

Valerie Bell
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Jody's mother

Beverly Owens
__________________________________________________________________________________

More news...

So, on to the news about my character Kenya Brown who was dating Kevin Stewart until I broke them up.  A couple of weeks ago, I started doing some spring cleaning and while trying to re-organize my closet (which is where I film my stories and keep my dolls) somehow my daughter got a hold of Kenya and decided to do a make over using a marker!  The damage is far too much for acetone to fix, so...D&C pictures decided not to renew her contract, LOL.

Anyway, in my story, Kenya decided she wanted to go back to Baltimore to be closer to her family and head up her own CPA firm.  Unfortunately, the distance would not work for Kevin since he's opening up The Huddle (sports bar) and is the sports agent of two of the most sought-after newly drafted NFL Players in the league!  He didn't stay single for long though, you know how things go here at Dolls and the City, right?  Well, he's been spotted around town canoodling with Marley Jones.

Other changes include:  A last name change to better fit the character's ethnicity (you can check the profiles for updates) NEW characters arriving to be introduced and some characters are now family members of others, to cut down on the amount of random stories and characters.



More info coming up...
Thanks for following!

13 comments:

  1. Now that a synopsis! I can't wait to see what is going to happen now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I had to take a deep breath after reading it myself, lol. I am definitely working on some drama.

      Delete
  2. Hello from spain, your Vanessa and Valerie are like day and night. I love the profile of their characters. Very good tribute to our companion blog Vanessa. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta, thank you. I love the idea of identical twins and the fact that they are so different. I definitely try to comment on blogger friends because you all inspire me.

      Delete
  3. Dun,dun,dun-dun! Tune in tomorrow. Hey,I am glued to my seat. Oh no, that not glue it is the butter from my popcorn. ;) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ms Leo! LOL, yep...the suspense builds! My goal for my stories is to have my readers yelling at or throwing stuff at their monitors. That's will let me know, I've got a good drama on my hands. :)

      Delete
  4. Okay Wow, you just had to used one of my favorite dolls (Valerie Bell Model 8 Red Target)for me not to like her now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'm sorry girl. I really love her too. She has such a diva vibe that I couldn't resist using. :)

      Delete
  5. I like Brooklyn so I do NOT like this Vanessa Bell bringing her trouble-making self to town. I do not like Jody's mama either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana, me too. I am going to have fun with this one, LOL. Jody's mom is a trip. She'd better watch out though because Brook's aunt Lena is still very feisty. She will pull the earrings off and vaseline her knuckles in a minute over her family, LOL.

      Delete
  6. I am cracking up over here. I don't think I have said 'wow' so many times in such a short period of time. Good lawd! I am going to have to start saying, "I am not a villain, I only play one on Dolls and the City." LOL!

    Ebony why don't you like Valerie? She is the good twin. That Vanessa is the hellian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I thought about this for a minute too but I love the name Vanessa. It's such a sultry feminine name but has spice to it also. Then, the thought of her being the exact opposite of you was just too fun to pass up. She's not all bad but she's competitive and cunning, so this should be good. :)

      Delete
  7. Let the drama begin! I'm watching! Lol!

    ReplyDelete