Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Finally...some GOODIES!

So, I've said a hundred times that I was going to order Halle Berry Jinx Barbie but every time I got ready to push the "send" button...a financial responsibility came up and I had to wait.  This time, it actually worked out to my advantage!  Right before I was going to push the "send" button on BC, something told me to search eBay just one more time.  Bada-BING!  There she was...had been "displayed only" was in great condition and was only $10!  "Send, gosh darn it...SEND!"  I couldn't push that button fast enough!

Ok, next score...

I decided to take a quick trip to my local Thrift Store, just to see if I would be lucky enough to find Barbie furniture or a much needed play-set.  Well, no luck there but I did score a Star Trek Ken...AND...a Tamika doll?!  What?  What in the world was she doing there, already?  Oh well, shoes were missing but she's mine.

Oh wait, before I go on...let me tell you about the other eBay score.  It's the AA Happy Family Grandma!  YAY!!  I don't know if I will ever get lucky enough to score the grandpa but she was the most wanted on my list and I can always find granny a man.  ;)

So, let's get to the characters:


Lena Howard-Phillips
Yes, her last name is "Phillips" as in Piper Phillip's mother.  I never really felt my Fashion Fever Lea was going to be permanent but Lena is perfect!  Originally, Lena was going to be part of my Femme Fatale's group but in person (to me) she looks a bit more mature than Brooklyn and her gang.  In this story, Miles and Lena were young when they had Piper and eventually married and later went on to have Calista.  Although, they are older now and raising Calista, Lena still likes to have fun!  She's really close with Piper and her nieces; Brook and Deja that she still goes clubbing with them from time to time!  I thought this scenario would be easier than spending more money to find the right mate for Halle/Lena.  After all, Vanessa was right...this lady is fierce!  And it's hard to find a guy to match her fierceness. ;)



Lena & Miles
I like these two together.  After I paint a mustache with goatee on Miles...he'll have a lil' more swag.


The Phillips Family
(L) Calista, Piper, Lena and Miles (R)



Arlene Howard
This is Lena and Joyce's mother, Arlene Howard (named after my late cousin).  After their father, John Howard, passed away almost two years ago, Arlene sold their home and decided to move to Los Angeles where she could be close to her daughters, grandchildren and great grandchild.  


Here's a shot of Arlene Howard and her daughters Lena Phillips (L) and Joyce Banks (R).  Please note that Joyce Banks is still the older sister.   


Tamika Sinclair 
5yrs old
 Here's lil' Tamika Sinclair, found at a goodwill today.  I first laid eyes on her when Vanessa posted some of her latest buys.  I still have not seen this cutie in my local stores yet.  




The Sinclair family
Tamika with her mother and father; Valerie & Tyre Sinclair.



Austin Baldwin
So, this is Travis Baldwin's older brother, Austin!  He worked as a fisherman for seven years in Anchorage Alaska until he was recently laid off due to the economy.  Travis talked him into moving to LA for a new start where the two will share a loft/apartment.  I've decided this guy doesn't have a "story" yet as far as his dating career is concerned.  I'm going to let nature take it's course. ;)

__________________________________________________________________________________




As usual...thanks for following!

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on you big doll scores! It took me a while to add Halle to my collection because BC refused to discount her more than a couple of dollars. I finally gave in and paid $30 something for her. Wow... $10. Amazing.

    I too need the HF Grandfather. I found the GM on Amazon.com but I am not willing to pay the $$$'s Grandfather commands.

    Your families are coming along nicely. It's amazing how much Calista and Piper favor.

    Congratulations also on your natural hair progress. I love it! You are gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I feel pretty content now to take a nice long break on...at least my female doll purchases, LOL.

      The grandfather's price is crazy when you do find him, isn't it? Sending luck to the both of us that we will find him one day for a decent price. :)

      I totally agree, Calista and Piper favor a lot. I just love lil' Ms Calista. :)

      Thank you for the hair compliment, it means a lot. Still getting use to building up the confidence wearing it this way. :)

      Delete
  2. Great finds! I am especially loving the Happy Family Grandma! Sometimes it pays to wait for the dolls you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frannie! I'm sooo happy to finally have her in my collection. :) And yes...it feels good to pay a decent price for something on my list.

      Delete
  3. AWESOME! I love your new families. They work very well together. Miles and Lena look really good together. Lena and Joyce make nice sisters too. Nice to see Grandma on board. I just got mine last Monday. How did Tamika get in the Goodwill? Hmmm. Great deal on the Halle doll. She is one doll I didn't mind paying $32 for. $10, SCORE!

    Your hair looks awesome! Congrats! Do natural hair women wear make-up? Don't answer that! That is just me being messy. LOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I'm learning to put them together better and even maybe using a character as a fill-in rather than changing characters all together. :) I like Lena and Joyce as sisters too and granny is such a bonus. I almost felt bad purchasing Tamika because my thought was, this has to be a mistake that she's even here. I was thinking some poor child dropped her in the store and they bagged it or something. Or maybe she was placed in a Goodwill pile by mistake. Oh well, I'm glad to give her a home. She has a few scratches but nothing to complain about.

      Thank you for the hair compliment! The "natural" community cracks me up because they actually do sort of discuss who's really considered "natural." LOL. I look at it more like, my hair being chemical free. They'll have to pry the make-up out of my hands. LOL...

      Delete
    2. I know that's right (about the makeup); for so many years, probably until I was 50 (and that was only six years ago--did I just tell my age(?)), I only wore lipstick. I still don't wear full face makeup, but I won't leave the house without my concealer. Only my husband, son, and immediate family members who happen to visit when I am totally natural at home, see me without it. Age will do that to you.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I like your photos. :)
    Cool you afro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about financial responsibilities but it always good to treat yourself!! You have alot of new great items. I love my Happy Family Grandparents too, they are such a great dolls. I know you will Grandpa him soon too. Look at you!!, love the hair, go ahead girl--ROCK IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brini!! I definitely try to tell myself that from time to time when I purchase a new character. :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your new purchases! They are really cool. 10 bucks is a huge score on the Halle doll:) your hair is beautiful! Love the natural look and it just looks so healthy! Nice pic of you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chynadoll! I know, I'm so stoked that I got her so low and on a buy now option instead of a bid. She came without her box and bathing suite but she did come in a really cute black laced tube dress. :)

      Delete
  7. Your natural hair looks awesome! Dang, I am really missing out on the thrift stores. I need to drop by one! Great scores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dani! I feel so free, rockin' my fro. :)

      I decided to go thrifting after seeing Dollies Series post and her great finds. I will be doing it more often because you never know. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi from spain: i love you new families. Yoy Tamika also bought me a week ago. It is very cute. Now I am behind the happy family gradparents but the do nos exist or are very expensive. Congratulations on your good buy Halle Berry. The jacket that you put me love. Regarding your photo, you have very curly and black hair. You look good. I also like the ring-shaped earrings. For Spain your city, Santa Ana, California, is beach, sun and good life. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta! :) I know what you mean, the grandparents are becoming more and more hard to find in the states, for a decent price. The jacket that Halle is wearing is from one of my Stardolls. Do you have those in your area yet?

      I must say, Santa Ana's and all, we're blessed out here with the weather and the beaches. :)

      Thank you. :)

      Delete
  9. Hello from Spain: I bought your Tamika. Is ideal. Congratulations on your Halle Berry. I hope you're better health. For the Spanish, your city, Santa Ana, California, is the beach, good life and sun. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, I love your hair!!! It is beautiful and you are gorgeous!

    You really scored big time on Halle. I really want her but I hate to pay what Mattel wants for her. I may have to just bite the bullet. Lena and Joyce makes good sisters as do the whole generation that you have created. I have not seen little Tamika in my stores either...interesting that she made it there so quick. Maybe the child who Tamika belonged to didn't clean her room and the parent made good on her threat to send to Goodwill. Great score for you though! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay Ms. Tracy you are so lovely and I was in the process of going natural and I had to go see my dentist; my mother told me to perm my hair! I'm so freaking piss now! I know how it is with the allergies and I need to find a thrift store fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks great like that - natural. I'd keep it that way. But that

    Piper and Calista make perfect sisters. Looks-wise, I mean. You can see a family resemblance ;-) Congratulations on getting Halle Berry. She's on my list, too.

    As usual, I love your photos - they are bright and big and load fast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your new look. You look fabulous. I really stopped perming my hair the last couple of years. I go to a natural hairstylist but I keep the hair shoulder length. My big head is my downfall..LOL

    Love your new goodies. I love the HF Grandparents and I'm grateful to have picked them up when they went on clearance a few years ago. I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap one for the GF. Tamika is a lil cutie and love the families :O)

    ReplyDelete