Friday, March 1, 2013

New Fashionistas with rooted lashes coming in 2013

Hello,

This is a quick post about new Fashionistas dolls coming in [possibly August] 2013 with rooted lashes and new face paint.  It's said their look is based off the hit web series, Barbie Dream house.

I don't know yet if there will be new guys but I'm excited to see they've altered Nikki/Artsy and they're adding a Steffie mold (sorry don't know her name in the Fashionistas line).

The faces are cute and quirky, a little cartoon-ish but I'm kind of digging them based on photos.  I don't have time to ask permission to post photos so I will provide the flickr links below:

FLICKR LINK CLICK HERE

AND 

FLICKR LINK CLICK HERE

AND 

FLICKR LINK CLICK HERE

AND 

FLICKR LINK CLICK HERE - RAQUELLE 2ND LINE

AND 

FLICKR LINK CLICK HERE - NIKKI 2ND LINE

Oh, and apparently there will be a "glitter" line where it looks like the only change is the glitter clothing and glitter streaked hair but don't quote me on that.  What I do notice is the clothing in the Dream House line appears to be more stylish and of better quality.  So, I hope there will be fashion packs because I will definitely  set aside some dividends for those. :)

Now let me be the first to talk about the elephant in the room...if Mattel has the budget to make these changes, can Nikki get a man, cousin, brother, pen-pal, long lost friend or someone of the opposite sex?  I'm just sayin'.

Well, that's all I have for now...thanks for following.


11 comments:

  1. Glitter is the devil and those rooted eyelashes look like caterpillars got stuck on their eyelids. That being said, the fashions for the dreamhouse girls are really nice and I could see buying them for the cloths and for rebodying.

    Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, your comment about the lashes reminds me of Chris Tucker's line in Friday, when he told Ice Cube it looked like a "bunch of spiders were having a meeting" on his dad's head, too funny.

      I'm hoping the clothing turns our pretty cute too and the bodies will definitely come in handy. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for the scoop on these.

    Not a fan of glitter. Will have to see the rooted lashes in person.

    A dark skinned male should have been offered when the line was introduced.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, no problem. I couldn't agree more that an AA male should have been offered long ago. I guess they want everyone to idolize Barbie and no men for her friends. :/

      Delete
  3. I like the ones with eyelashes. I bet Mattel will go up in price just because they added eyelashes like they did with The Look dolls. Their clothing is cute.

    The glitter in the hair is so play line...will I buy one...probably Nikki when she goes on sale : )

    Thanks for sharing the links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the price. Mattel is a trip! They'll probably go up another $10 just for some lashes.

      I may buy the clothing if it looks as cute as it does in the flickr photos and probably a Nikki but...we'll see.

      Delete
  4. Some of the outfits are really cute. I love the 2nd line Racquelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, I sure hope they're upgrading the clothing. It's odd but I preferred the Raquelle with the lashes just for a different look. I could be wrong but the Dream house collection also looks as if their heads are a little smaller but we'll see.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the post. Too playline for me, probably, but always love to see what's coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ro, yeah the line may turn out to be too playline but I'm interested in seeing them in person. Maybe with the goofy grins, they'll make for great characters at a stand up comedy bar. :)

      Delete
  6. I think these dream house dolls are cute, particularly Nikki and Teresa (Nikki's on my wish list) and the dresses on the glitter dolls are really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete