Sunday, April 21, 2013

Curiosity got the best of me and she was marked down...

So, I purchased the new 2013 S.I.S. Trichelle doll but only because the store let me have her for $4.99!  She wasn't priced and the cashier asked me what I wanted to pay and I was like...$5.00?  She was cool with it and I brought her home.  I dipped into my laundry money but still have enough for three loads until Friday. :)  

I already knew that I didn't care for the "teeth" Mattel called themselves creating on these girls so I already had plans to remove & repaint the lips.  As far as a lip color, I much prefer neutrals and so what she'll get.  However, in the meantime I put a little of my gloss on her just to get an idea.


Before

Before
She's been rebodied to another spare Artsy body I had boxed away. 


Tracy  Cindy & Deja Banks (Twins? Cousins)
Comparison
Ok, so here's my issue ..I complained about the side glance of previous Trichelle (Deja Banks) but personally, I think she's the one who has more of a sweet look.  Yes, side eyes are usually connected with shifty behavior but for this girl it's more of a sultry appeal than a devious one.  You still couldn't pay me to believe she's supposed to be the same doll.  I mean, who knew straightening your eyes could make you look like a new "person" literally!  Also, the New Trichelle's complexion  is a tad darker than my current Deja.  Not that it matters just a note to those who want rebody info.  Cindy, is a perfect match for Artsy and Deja matched perfectly with an old Fashionistas Sassy body.

So, what to do?  Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go the twins route.  I decided I'm not that in love with new Trichelle but I purchased her so she will be used.  Her name is, Cindy Banks...cousin to Brooklyn & Deja Banks.  Because Deja better fits the DJ profile and I have a guy for her who's a cutie pie. Well, it's settled then...twins it is! Something about her reminds me of the lead singer to Envogue, Cindy.  So, that's her name. 


After....
Cindy Banks
Current City:  Jersey City, NJ
Occupation:  Receptionist 
Student
Relationship Status:  Single
Family Members:  James Banks (Uncle) 
Brooklyn, Deja & Tristan Banks (Cousins) 


Just noticed a speck of lint on her lip, sorry.  I think it's from the cotton swab. :)



Alrighty guys...that's it for now!  I hope everyone had a great weekend and will post again soon. 

Thanks for following!




16 comments:

  1. Wow, she looks amazing! I don't know what they were thinking with those "teeth". Very pretty and you cannot beat the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! I don't know what they were thinking either and they were so lazy about it. :/

      Delete
  2. You stole that doll. And I love the new lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? LOL I'm just glad the clerk was nice about it.

      Delete
  3. Wow. Definitely a steal! (^_^) And she is on FIRE the way you have her restyled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! I wish I wasn't such a chicken to try a real repaint. :)

      Delete
  4. Your restyle of her is awesome! Side eye Trichelle is a favorite of mine, probably because she was the 1st doll I collected. Without the side glance she just doesn't look like Trichelle to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muff! Side eye (Rocawear) Trichelle with the curly fro was my very first doll purchase too. Back then, I purchased her nude because I had no idea who she was. I remember looking at her thinking, who is this beautiful AA doll? So different from the Barbies back in my day. Had I known she wasn't that expensive, I would have bought a boxed one for a few extra bucks. :)

      I think the purchase of the "new" Trichelle just really made me appreciate the sideways glance. I learned to pose her in my stories in the past with the side glance so I will continue to use her. :)

      Delete
  5. $4.99? I have yet to see any SIS dolls marked down here.

    I hate those teeth or "appearance of" teeth. The dolls look like they are long overdue for a visit to an orthodontist. So glad you corrected Mattel's obvious blunder. She looks fabulous now.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DBG, I really got lucky because there was no price in sight and she was the only S.I.S. doll on the shelf. :)

      I totally agree. The "teeth" they painted on these girls was just plain lazy, LOL.

      Thanks

      Delete
  6. I love how you have styled her! She looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so nice of the clerk. I wish someone would ask me that question. LOL. I had to go back and verify you said it was Trichelle. She doesn't look like Trichelle to me either. Maybe if they hadn't straightened her hair, the straight eyes would have come out differently. I always love your restyles. That's why you are over her doing hair (India). I'm also glad you got her in spite of the teeth. You did a good job fixing those awful teeth. Lips are the one thing that is so easy to fix. I say, try your hand at adding a little color. Once you try, you will be able to change lip color whenever you desire. It's a $5! Experiment. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Spain: you buy very cheap and beautiful. I like much this doll and I like your redesign. Great job. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome. you are amazing. can't get enough!

    xoxoxo
    HOLYKATTA

    ReplyDelete