Monday, February 10, 2014

Divergent....so this is really happening?

While stalking flickr, I came across a contacts photos of Barbie and Ken for the upcoming movie, Divergent.  Apparently, the movie biz is hoping this will be the next big franchise like Twilight (which for me, the jury is still out on that).  For me, Twilight was...ok but New Moon, Breaking Dawn part one and two, I kept wishing for Blade to show up and end my misery. :-/

Anyway, here are some images by way of papusilemele.com who got them from divergentfaction.wordpress.com


NOT MY IMAGE

I dunno this chick's name because I've only seen the trailer once.  I'm not impressed with her so far and will probably pass on collecting her.  

Ok, next...


NOT MY IMAGE

Don't know his name either but I'm diggin' him and will definitely be purchasing one.  I know it's the same Barbie Basic mold but I like his face better than my blonde Texas A&M dude and his eyes a brown.  I'm pretty settled and happy with my lady collection so it's all about collecting Kens now.  I'm hoping to customize them for diverse looks and tell my stories with my guys being the focus.  

Oh, one more....



NOT MY IMAGE 

This should answer your next question about articulation.  I'm not at all crazy about the tattoo, I think it's hideous but apparently it goes with the story line.  Hopefully, it looks better in person or it'll be a quick fix with some acetone, tribal temp tattoos and mod podge I'm sure. 


I don't know the price points or when/if BC or TRUE will stick these kids but I'm guessing they'll be around $24.95 each?  Don't quote me.   

Anyways, that's all for now guys.  Happy collecting and have a good one!





14 comments:

  1. I definitely like the guys the price will determine if I get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm ... he is cute. Putting him on my Wish List. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up. I really like the guy. The girl is rather plain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. It's always fun to see something new from Mattel. I agree, she is plain. I think I will get her if she's marked allll the way down because her outfit is cute and she's articulate. :-)

      Delete
  4. I quite like the outfit that the girl is wearing so I would be willing to pay $10 bucks for her. The dude has got a paramilitary appeal and I like how they styled his hair. I would buy him, definitely.

    I never heard of this franchise so I looked at the trailer on YouTube - it's not for me. I did see that his tattoo is exactly the same as in the movie, which doesn't make it anymore interesting actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Muff. I saw the trailer and thought...how is this possible when it seems like an exact replica of Hunger Games? The movies are definitely not for me. I'm a Marvel and DC Comic book head so I'd love for Mattel to dive into that arena.

      It's great that Mattel's expanding Barbie/Ken inventory through movies but the downside is that it will mean even less diversity. With all the Vampire Academy, Divergent, Catching Fire, etc... I do not see a Native, Latin, Asian or another AA Ken being made anytime soon. Such a shame.

      I like the girl's outfit too and if I find it at a decent price, I'll buy it. Otherwise, it's all about the Ken doll. :-)

      Delete
  5. I like them all, but I am going to pass. I am trying to fine tune my collection. I really her outfit also. Great seeing you post Tracy India. I hope to be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Georgia Girl! I know what you mean about fine tuning your collection. I've accepted the fact that I can't afford FR dolls so I'm taking advantage of all the Mattel articualation that I can because it looks like it's gonna be all about Barbie/Ken. :-)

      Delete
  6. Hola no lo sabía quién sabe con cuanta demora lleguen a México, hasta pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tats are appealing. Thinking he's going on my wish list. Didn't join BC this year, so thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ro! I definitely appreciate the effort Mattel made to stick to the script with the tattoo, especially after all the protesting regarding TokiDoki Barbie. I think he'll make a fine addition in your collection. :-)

      Delete
  8. Thank You so much. I'm Gianna I love Sex doll.

    ReplyDelete