Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Two new girls coming and business names...


Hey everyone! Quick update:  I've got two new girls coming but I'm going to keep them on the hush until they arrive.  However, if you look at the picture below...you might be able to guess who they are.  ;-)



Two of my existing girls along with the two new girls will be used to re-create this photo. ^^^^^
(Not my photo found here https://www.flickr.com/photos/pseriesstylist/4193593141/in/faves-53234941@N03/)

In other news...

As I mentioned before, I will be adding a tattoo parlor to my five businesses that all Dolls in the City residents will frequent.  The owner will be purchased in September.  I ceased the opportunity to purchase my last grail, so he was put on the back burner.  My list is near complete which is exciting because this doll buying thing is starting to give me anxiety.  Mattel's constant changes from articulate to partial or non articulate is annoying! In my opinion, it puts you in a buying frenzy...but that's probably what they want.  



Anywho, the businesses and owners are as follows:

Fair well Diva (Salon) owner: Brooklyn Banks
the name of her salon came to me one night while watching Cheers. Remember, everyone would shout "Norm" whenever he walked in the bar?  Well, I was thinking...wouldn't it be cool if after your transformation at the salon, everyone shouted "Fair well Diva" on your way out the door?  Probably a lil' cheesy but I'm going with it. :-)




Bar-Fly (bar/nightclub) owner: Dylan Reed
I was going to name the bar Icon but I couldn't shake this name.




Hey Sailor (boutique) - Owner:  Sailor Johnson
Please note: Name change for this girl from Marley Howard to Sailor Johnson
Sailor has just graduated from NYFDIM (New York Fashion/Design Institute) and wants to start her own boutique business.  She's starting out slow to build up her clientele.  So, it'll be opened Monday, Wednesday and Friday's. Her parents own a small building next door to Fair well Diva and decide to let Sailor use it for the boutique.


As for the tattoo parlor, I think I'm going to go with Tatt That!  It's sort of a play on words from a rap song. :-). I will have more details about the owner in September.  In the meantime, I'm very excited that a Dollar Tree is opening up behind our condos next month!  With all of my daughter's therapies and school meetings, I haven't had the time to run around town to get building materials.  So, now that it's literally behind me...I'll be able to get back to building my businesses.  :-). 

Oh, and I plan on having a coffee shop too.  I have an owner in mind but I'm working on the name.  Well, that's it for now but I will post my reenactment photo (above) on flickr.  :-).  TTFN!










6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I can't wait to see what you come up with. I know your scenes are going to be awesome! Congrats on getting new dolls. I am thinking one of them will be Kimora. : ) "Tatt That" is a cool and fun name for a tattoo shop. Dollar Tree has a lot of items to build scenes. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm...I replied and now I can't see it posted. I'll wait and see if my response posts...

      Delete
  2. LOL, I predict that you will be spending A LOT of time at the Dollar Tree. I too like the Tatt That name. Looking forward to seeing your dolls and dios!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muff! I don't think those Dollar Tree employees know what they're in for, Lol. I see myself staying until they start turning lights off and running the vacuum. :-). I'm sure it'll be a blast though.

      Delete
  3. From the picture, I'm thinking your new arrivals will be the KLS Barbie and Beyoncé. Congrats on adding new characters to your doll family.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Finally my KLS Barbie arrived today. :-). As for Beyonce, she's still on my list but the other doll I purchased could probably be her double. ;-)

      Pics coming soon...

      Delete