Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Long time no post...

Hello everyone!  It's been maybe a year since my last post...my how time flies.  I've been on Flickr religiously, though.  Mostly because I needed some dolly time while I collect diorama items (and more dolls) so that I can start my true passion...photo stories.  

I've decided to focus on one couple/family and others will be introduced as they relate or are related to the main characters.  I started giving myself anxiety just thinking about how I would manage telling all my doll's stories...almost to the point of giving up completely.  But I know that I would regret it because I really do enjoy this thing. 

Anyway,  here's my main couple...Rachel and Jaylen Wright!  I love her name but I'm still contemplating his first name.  They have one daughter for sure but I'm still working on their family (keeping some secrets)....



Posting several since I'm using pics from my Flickr account...










So guys, thanks for your patience.  I am pushing for stories to start up in January 2016!  I've got one big did item that'll be a huge asset to the plot n' characters, still purchasing a few clothing items for my dudes, decided on a different doll for Jaylen's mother, lighting and of course...Christmas items for the little one in between all that. ;-)

TTFN

20 comments:

  1. Great to see your post! Rachel is such a pretty doll. Which doll is she? They make a nice looking couple. Looking forward to your fabulous stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! She's the 2014 Holiday Barbie with some minor alterations. I puffed up her lips a bit and repainted them. I am not a fan of a red lip unless it's a temporary formal event. It made her look a lot older than she should have. :-)

      I can't wait to get back to business. :-))

      Delete
  2. I saw this couple on Flickr and they are a nice looking couple for sure. I love what you did to make her over. Looking forward to your stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyllis. My dolls have been switched around like crazy but I'm happy with most my current couples. :-)

      Delete
  3. Nice tht ur going to be doing stories, will b reading.... Hav Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ladonna...looking forward to it. :-)

      Delete
  4. I look forward to seeing some stories from you! And these two are gorgeous I love the alterations you've made to her. I prefer a softer make up palate for my dolls it looks way more everyday and natural. Can't wait for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The softer makeup palate is more appealing to me too. It's easier when taking photos and looks great with all clothing. :-).

      2016... Here I come!

      Delete
  5. Wait a minute, I follow your Flickr account too! I saw these pics, and I thought I had just seen them somewhere lol. Wow, small world! I'm hooked on doll stories like most people are with TV shows (imo the stories people create with dolls are way more entertaining than anything on TV), so I can't wait to see what's coming next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol @ Champagne...I'm so glad you recognize my pics from Flickr. :-). I totally agree...I'm hooked on photostories! Television now days is all about shock value and the writing isn't very creative anymore. This is such a great way to include about three or four different hobbies in one. ;-)

      See ya soon...

      Delete
  6. Well, well, well...I've been waiting for this. I love your plan for rolling out characters and stories. I have a similar plan and it keeps things from becoming too overwhelming. I can't wait to read more about this couple. The transformation to Holiday Barbie is fantastic. What you said about the red lips making her look older was so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jewell! Isn't it easier to just pick one fav couple and start from there? I was like...am I supposed to feel this kind of anxiety? Lol...stepping away was a good thing, so I could really figure things out. :-)

      Delete
  7. Welcome back! I really like these dolls especially Rachel and her outfits. Patiently waiting for the stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grandmommy...it's really good to get started again. :-)

      Delete
  8. What a good looking couple. Wishing you much joy as you put together your storyline using them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ro! By the way...your last two episodes were awesome! I'm still giggling at poor Ty's expression on the plane ride home with Rocsi, LOL...

      Delete
  9. Good to see you online again. The Holiday Barbie does look improved by your touch up. (Muted is better here.) Her snakeskin dress looks sharp, too.

    I'll be looking forward to reading your new stories ... once I get the Internet at home again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm excited to get back. :-)

      Delete
  10. I check every so often to see if you started blogging again yet. And here you are. YAY! I'm looking forward to your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janainah! And thank you for the dio information. I'm really looking forward to getting started. :-)

      Delete